aromaYoga Essential Oil Kit
aromaYoga Essential Oil Kit
aromaLife aromaYoga Essential Oil Kit
Over the past few years I've been working with yoga studios around Melbourne to incorporate essential oils into their practices, classes and business's as a whole. The teachers all agree that it compliments and enhances the experience for students encouraging a great opening.
Whether your journey is just beginning, or you are an advanced yoga student /teacher, you are no doubt on an ever evolving path to find a deeper connection.
As an experienced yoga teacher myself, and a passionate committed student, I make restorative yoga and meditation practices a part of my regular wellness routine. It helps me manage my mental, emotional and physical body as well as being a fantastic vehicle for spiritual growth and awareness.
As I've developed over the years and my passion for essential oils has evolved, I find adding them into my yoga just enhances and deepens my experience.
So why use essential oils in your yoga practice?
- Bring nature into your studio and create some ambience
- Increased energy and stamina
- Mental clarity and focus
- Connect the mind and body
- Opens the airways and allows a deep breathe
- Assists with return to homeostasis
I've created a basic kit with suggestions of oils you can start with and how you can use them either in your own practice at home, you can take them to class or those of you who teach your own style of yoga, there is some great ideas here for ways you can incorporate new tools into your biz... after all, our students love to keep learning new things all the time and are looking for your leadership in the best ways to improve their health and wellness.
Click here to ask for a 3 part email journey that will provide some tips, education and feedback from other yoga teachers. I'll also share more details on how to to activate your doTERRA account offering you wholesale prices on a full range of therapeutic grade essential oils and oil infused, chemical free health and lifestyle products.
Balance Essential Oil
This is the grounding blend and a great way to start any yoga practice, massage or anything that requires you to get present in your body and out of your head. Its a calming blend of tree oils like Frankincense, Spruce, Blue Tansy and Rosewood. It gently relaxes the nervous system, easing feelings of stress or scattered thoughts. preparing you for your practice.
After all, to get the most out of any yoga practice, we need to be present. I know out thoughts can sometimes be wild and chaotic, but this is the practice. We use our breath, our inner focus and intention to come into our body and the moment. That way we can listen to our body in our practice and tune into our own intuition and inner knowing.
How to use:
- I suggest applying to the bottom of your feet at the start of any practice. Massage the soles of your feet with the oils and take a moment just to connect with your body and breath.
- Next, add another drop to your hands, run your hands together to warm and activate the oil and hold your hands over your mouth and nose and take 5 deep breaths. Allow you mind to calm, bring your attention into the present moment and just be with yourself for a moment.
Easy Air Essential Oil
The doTERRA Respiratory Blend. This blend of Eucalyptus, Peppermint, Ravensara, Tea tree, cardamom, Laurel Leaf and Lemon. This gorgeous blend assists in opening the airways and clearing the pathway to a deeper and fuller breath. If you're experiencing any congestion or coughing, it can be wonderful to ease that too.
Depending on what kind of yoga you practice, this could be great to apply to the chest and inhale
How to use
- Apply a few drops to your chest or throat area just before moving into any more energetic vinayasa practice to open your airways to receive a deeper breath.
- Hold your hands over your mouth and nose and inhale 5 deep breaths
- Use to clear the airways before any pranayama practices (yogic breath work practice) to enhance your experience.
- This blend is a must to have if you have a cold. cough or congestion. It will help ease your symptoms as well as prevent you spreading germs with others
Wild Orange Essential Oil
doTERRA Wild Orange is also known as the oil of abundance. Its sweet and citrus aroma is uplifting, refreshing and an natural uplifting to for moods. It inspires your creativity , joy and fun. All the citrus oils are wonderful for uplifting your spirits - but I gotta say, the doTERRA Wild Orange oil is one of my favourites. Its highly versatile, affordable and one of the most popular in the range.
How to use:
- I love using Wild orange in my diffuser. Its a great one to have going in preparation for a yoga class. Add 5 - 6 drops in your ultrasonic diffuser with water and have it going in the your yoga room. It also blends really nicely with other oils in this aromaYoga kit. For focus and energy try 3 drops of peppermint and 3 drops of wild orange.. For calming relaxation and happiness blend 3 drops of lavender and 3 drops of wild orange in your diffuser.
- Wild Orange oil the perfect choice to use for assisting any creative manifestation practices. If you like to set an intention at the start of your class or just as you enter meditation as you say your SANKALPA ( positive intention for yourself that you plant into your consciousness for manifestation just prior to a relaxed state of meditation ) Inhale - Take 3 deep full breaths inhaling orange while you repeat your intention to yourself 3 times.
- Teachers - apply 2 drops of wild orange either alone or blended with one of the oils above, rub your hands together wave over the nose of students when they are lying in SAVASANA and are just coming back into their bodies.
Peppermint Essential Oil
doTERRA Peppermint is stimulating, cooling, energising and clearing. When you're feeling lazy, its your go to for a burst of energy and vitality. Peppermint is wonderful for clearing sinus and easing headaches and body tension too. Its another versatile oil that can be a wonderful addition to your yoga practice.
How to use:
- Blend 4 drops of peppermint and 4 drops of wild orange in your diffuser. This blend is energising and uplifting. It's a great one to encourage focus and is particularly good for a VINYASA class or when you to support a stronger practice.
- Sore neck, headache or painful body parts? Massage a few drops of peppermint oil diluted with some fractionated coconut oil to the back of the neck and then cup your hands over you mouth and nose and breathe it in... Peppermint is a wonderful oil for inflammation. Use before, during or after your class.
Lavender Essential Oil
I call Lavender the "Swiss Arm Knife " of oils. It has so many wonderful uses, its my go to oil, as a staple, that is gentle and safe to use for a wide range of reasons. Most of us know Lavender for its calming, sedative properties. Its one of natures solutions for easing tension and anxiety and can help relax your nervous system when feeling stressed, wired or hyper.
How to use:
Rub a couple of drops to your throat and neck to ease tension and tightness. Lavender is known as the " oil of communication " and helps to balance the throat chakra. If you've been having any troubles speaking your truth, asking for your needs to be met, or just feeling like you're holding back from expressing yourself fully - try Lavender on the throat.
Apply to the throat and inhale from your hands to enhance your OM! OM / AUM is a mantra that is often chanted at the beginning and or the end of yoga session.. Om is both a sound and a symbol known as sound of the creation of the universe, and the sound of silence and peace. enjoy the vibrational clearing of chanting om combined with your Lavender oil!
As mentioned earlier, lavender blends nicely with many oils, try in your diffuser any of your oils in the kit.
For more tips and ideas of ways to use essential oils in your yoga practice, I've written a blog post that includes some recipes for yoga mat cleaners, room spritzers etc - that you may also enjoy. Check that out here: 7 tips to aroma your yoga
The most intelligent way to buy doTERRA - Open your own account!
Your first order includes a $35 membership pack, which I have already included for you in this kit price. Once we activate your account, you get full access to wholesale prices on all of the a full range of doTERRA therapeutic grade oils plus a high quality oil infused wellness range including skin care, household cleaning products, supplements and more...
You do need to add postage of $9.50 for Australian orders, but here's something pretty cool.. You get that money you spent on postage back into your account as 10 points towards FREE oils and things on your next order.
This may sound confusing to begin with but believe me, its simple, and fun.. Having your own wholesale account means you can stop running around looking for chemical free solutions for all your other everyday needs. Why not get them delivered straight to your door...
- Save 25% - Get wholesale price
- No commitment to buy - Its your account, buy when you like
- You have an option to receive 10 - 30% of each order back in FREE product points
- Eligibility to receive doTERRA’s FREE product of the month
- If you choose to, you can earn compensation bonuses by sharing with others